Saturday, August 29, 2009

The Eyes of Love!

But when the time had fully come, God sent his Son, born of a woman, born under law, 5to redeem those under law, that we might receive the full rights of sons. 6Because you are sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, "Abba, Father." 7So you are no longer a slave, but a son; and since you are a son, God has made you also an heir.

Galatians 4:4-7

What does it mean to be a son? As the son of my father I have experienced many things in life and I can truthfully say that all of my memories of my father are good. I intellectually know that my father was not perfect but he is still the standard in my mind of the best of what a man should be. There is something in me, and I think in everyone, that wants to believe that I have the best father who ever lived. I find it easy to think that of all the fathers in history my father would be ranked number one.

Now wait a minute! I know that my vision is clouded by my love for my father because my wife thinks the same thing of her father. And he was a great man, but not quite as great as my father!

So when I love my father I see him through the “eyes of love” and I always see the best in him.

I have been a father myself for more than 35 years and I can tell you that fathers see their children through the “eyes of love” as well. We can forget their actions when they are bad, because we know and see their hearts.

So how do you see your Heavenly Father and how does He see you? It is the same with you and God. When you love God your vision is clouded by your love for Him and God sees you through the “eyes of love.”

Children, if you have had good experiences as a child then learn from your father on earth how you should see your Father in Heaven.

Fathers, learn from your children how God loves you and wants the very best for you in your life!

The relationship of “Fathers and Sons” is just one clue in solving the mystery of LOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment