Sunday, August 9, 2009

Let Jesus Wash You!

Jesus knew that the Father had put all things under his power, and that he had come from God and was returning to God; so he got up from the meal, took off his outer clothing, and wrapped a towel around his waist. After that, he poured water into a basin and began to wash his disciples' feet, drying them with the towel that was wrapped around him.

John 13:3-5

“Employees must wash their hands before returning to work.” Those words frequently and I might add comfortingly are posted in restaurant bathrooms. I don’t know which states require the sign but even without a regulation you can post the sign and bring comfort to the customers. The Bible does not say “cleanliness is next to Godliness” but the concept can save lives.

As I write this the H1N1 virus (I still call it the Swine Flu) is spreading rapidly around the world. The advice in today’s paper is that if you have the virus you should wear a mask to keep from infecting other people with the potentially deadly disease.

Here is the point. If you are dirty Jesus will clean you up. If you are sick Jesus will heal you.

So when you recognize that you have been polluted by the filth of this world run to Jesus and let Him wash you. When you realize that you are infected and are “Sin” sick, let Jesus heal you.

I still remember as a kid the discomfort when my mother washed the dirt off of my face. I’m still not sure why, but she was never gentle when she washed my face. It was not a pleasant memory but she always got it clean!

When Jesus washes the part of me that needs to become clean He is like my mother. It is never gentle, but He always gets me clean!

The sign might read: “Christians must let Jesus was them before returning to work.”

No comments:

Post a Comment