Friday, August 28, 2009

No Atheists in Hell!

At that time I will search Jerusalem with lamps and punish those who are complacent, who are like wine left on its dregs, who think, 'The LORD will do nothing, either good or bad.'

Zephaniah 1:12

When I was a child I never liked playing “Hide and Seek.” If I was the seeker I was never very good at finding other children. And when I was to hide it took only a minute or two for another child to discover my hideout.

But now that I’m a man I have learned how to play “Hide and Seek” with God. For at least part of every day I try, usually without even realizing it, to hide from God. It is really stupid of me because nothing can shield me from the eyes of God, but I pretend that God cannot see me, know what I am thinking, or what I am doing. That is the part of the day when I become discouraged, fearful, or depressed. That is when I forget the promises of God and that the Holy Spirit is living in me.

Hiding from God is the ultimate foolishness. It is what Adam and Eve tried to do after the first transgression. But when I “seek” God I am guilty of also playing a game. When I seek God I make it difficult. God is not hard to find. But I go around with my eyes covered by the love of this world and the “sin that so easily besets me” and then wonder why I can’t find God. God is in plain view of everyone who turns to Jesus, from his sin and determines not to live in sin anymore.

Sin covers the “eyes of my heart” so that I cannot see Jesus and sin covers the “ears of my heart” to that I cannot hear Jesus.

The glory of repentance is to see God and hear His Word!

The foolishness of those who hide from or ignore God is that they think 'The LORD will do nothing, either good or bad.'

The Bible promises that God will not be mocked and every knee will bow. In the end everyone will know that Jesus is Lord! You can be sure that there will be NO ATHEISTS IN HELL!

No comments:

Post a Comment