Friday, October 16, 2009


Night Vision!


The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
Day after day they pour forth speech;
night after night they display knowledge.
There is no speech or language
where their voice is not heard.
Their voice goes out into all the earth,
their words to the ends of the world.
In the heavens he has pitched a tent for the sun,
which is like a bridegroom coming forth from his pavilion,
like a champion rejoicing to run his course.
It rises at one end of the heavens
and makes its circuit to the other;
nothing is hidden from its heat.


Psalm 19:1-6

I haven’t heard the phrase used in years, but when I was a child I remember learning about a “Peeping Tom.” A Peeping Tom is a person who, in the legend of Lady Godiva, watched her during her ride and was struck blind. If you have never heard of Lady Godiva I’ll let you look that one up yourself.

Peeping Toms see something that they should not. They invade the privacy of another and observe things that they ought not see usually by looking through a window that has been left open.

When God created the heavens He left the window open and said to mankind, “Look and see what I have made!” When the sun goes down and the stars become visible on a clear night the wonder and awe factor goes up.

I have a night vision scope that magnifies even the tiniest bit of light. When I look through my night vision scope at the stars the number of visible stars explodes! The vast expanse of the mantle of galaxies that surround us screams of the Glory of the Creator. Who could make such a thing? For what purpose did He make it all? And why would He open the window and let me see the evidence of His handiwork?

Rebellious mankind would say it is not alright for me to look at the heavens and be moved by the Glory of God. The world wants me to keep focused on the problems of this world and ignore the scrolling billboard in the heavens that tells of the work of God.

FAITH is like that night vision scope. When I look at the Creation and Word of God through eyes of Faith the evidence of His existence explodes. I see things I never saw before, things that scream of the reality of God! When the night comes and darkness surrounds you pick up the "night vision scope" of Faith and look at the Glory of God!

No comments:

Post a Comment