Thursday, October 8, 2009

No Strangers in Heaven!


I, even I, am the LORD,

and apart from me there is no savior.

I have revealed and saved and proclaimed—

I, and not some foreign god among you.

You are my witnesses," declares the LORD, "that I am God.

Yes, and from ancient days I am he.

No one can deliver out of my hand.

When I act, who can reverse it?"

Isaiah 43:11-13

For years I have wondered about life insurance advertising and why companies are allowed to declare that life insurance “protects” you. Life insurance doesn’t protect the policy holder at all. Life insurance will not keep anyone from dying. The beneficiary is rewarded with money if the policy holder dies, but no one is truly protected! But it sounds so comforting to use the word “protect” when it comes to someone dying.

The Bible says that every man has an “appointment” with death and after that the judgment. (Hebrews 9:27) There is no way to avoid it. Freezing your body as you are dying will not provide a way to escape the judgment of God. Living longer than anyone else ever has will not keep you from facing God in the end.

There is no way around the mountain of God. For a little while we can avoid the final confrontation. We can immerse ourselves in all sorts of pleasures and even “important” diversions, but there will come a day, and it may be very soon, when every man who has ever lived will be on his knees before his Creator waiting for God to pass sentence on his life!

On this earth there are some jobs that are filled not by how qualified you are, but rather they are filled because of who you know. It is the same in heaven. Heaven will not be populated with those who have qualified themselves to be there by their own righteousness. Heaven will be filled with those people who already know Jesus!

When you go to heaven you will already be well acquainted with Jesus. You will know Him so well that you will feel quite at home with Him there. There will be no strangers in Heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment