Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Wake the Dead!


“And so I will show my greatness and my holiness, and I will make myself known in the sight of many nations. Then they will know that I am the LORD.”
Ezekiel 38:23

How do you wake up in the morning? Do you wake up slowly without an alarm clock or are you shocked to your feet when the appointed second arrives? I once had an alarm that had the sound of a roaring elephant. Frankly, I prefer going to bed early enough so that I do not need an alarm to get up on time in the morning. If I am already awake when the alarm sounds it does not frighten me with a “rude awakening.”

The world today is sound asleep and is dreaming of “sugarplums” and any other thing that might satisfy their personal desires. But those who follow Jesus are waking to the truth that morning is almost here and the sun will soon rise! The Day of the Lord may be just moments away and so we are looking to the skies and praying for His return.

When the alarm sounds we will not be shaken. But when the alarm sounds and “time shall be no more” it will be the mother of all rude awakenings for those who are still sleeping!

Remember that when Jesus returns the alarm that sounds will be loud enough to “WAKE THE DEAD.”

No comments:

Post a Comment