Thursday, September 15, 2011

Accent of Heaven!

Listen to this blog.


“But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.”

Philippians 3:20-21

For almost thirty years I have lived in the State of Ohio. Before that I lived mostly in Tennessee. When you live in the Southern part of the United States you often speak with a rather strong southern accent. Of course, the opposite is true. Only a couple of days ago someone correctly guessed that I am not from Ohio. They said, "I thought you sounded like you are from the South." I promptly thanked them for the compliment.

When someone hears you speak can they tell, from the way you speak that your citizenship is in Heaven? The accent of Heaven is not how you say the words, but rather what you say.

The best way to judge your heavenly accent is to ask yourself the question "What would Jesus say?" This is where I get really convicted, because as I replay some of the words I have spoken just in the past few days I can't imagine Jesus saying those things. Were they evil and wicked things? No, but they were not things I believe Jesus would have said.

I can't go back and change the words I have spoken, but I can control what I say today.

"Lord, transform everything about me to be like You! Control my thoughts, actions and words so that everyone I encounter will know for certain that this world is not my home!"

No comments:

Post a Comment