Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Roses from Jesus!

Listen to this blog.

I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord's holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

Ephesians 3:16-19

One of my children, who shall remain anonymous had great difficulty confusing the words "butter" and "peanut butter." It was, of course a silly misunderstanding but provided us a lot of fond memories when he was just a toddler.

Sometimes "toddler" Christians confuse the words "Love" and "desire." Saying, "I love chocolate ice cream" has nothing to do with love and everything to do with desire.

Here is where it is easy to get confused. A man and a woman may desire each other with great affection, but have no love at all. And real love can exist and often does without desire.

The real test of love is when the fulfillment of desire is diminished in a relationship. Love can continue to grow stronger and stronger over many years of marriage, even though physical strength weakens.

My love for Jesus is like a raindrop. His love for me is like a flood. My love for Jesus can be thoroughly mixed with a desire for His blessings. Jesus love for me is totally about giving Himself for me and to me.

Ask God today to show you something about the love of Jesus that you have never seen before. And then wait and watch for His bouquet of roses!

No comments:

Post a Comment