Friday, September 30, 2011

God’s To Do List

Listen to this blog.

Then the one sitting on the throne said: I am making everything new. Write down what I have said. My words are true and can be trusted. Everything is finished! I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will freely give water from the life-giving fountain to everyone who is thirsty.  All who win the victory will be given these blessings. I will be their God, and they will be my people.

Revelation 21:5-7 

When a mother asks her child "Are you finished cleaning your room?" the answer of "Oh yes I've finished" is usually followed up with an inspection tour. Learning to always tell the truth and complete an assignment is part of the growing up process.

When Jesus said "It is finished" with His last breath before He died, He declared that everything on His "To Do" list had been checked off. When Jesus arrived back in Heaven there was no Word left unspoken, no healing left undone, and no kindness overlooked during His years here on earth. Each day Jesus put His hand to things on His list as He walked perfectly in the will of God.

Jesus will also declare almost the same thing as this earth comes to a close. He will proclaim "Everything is finished!"

God has a "To Do List" for you and for me. My job for today is to do those things on the list God has prepared for me. When I reach the end of this day I must be able to say like Jesus, "It is finished."

Then when I reach the end of my time here on earth I will also be able to say "Everything is finished." And I will be able to proclaim that, because with the Holy Spirit and Jesus living in me the Will of God for my life will be completely accomplished!

No comments:

Post a Comment