Sunday, September 18, 2011

Crown of Righteousness!

Listen to this blog.


I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.

2 Timothy 4:7-8 

Once you put the icing on the cake it is finished! My personal favorite is white cake with chocolate icing. There is something about the combination of white cake and chocolate icing that makes my taste buds shout "Oh yes!"

When the crown is put on the king his ascension to the throne is complete. Once the king is crowned there is no more question about his status and authority.

If you are a follower of Jesus Christ you will be awarded a Crown of Righteousness. I believe that crown is not just symbolic.

The Bible says that my righteousness here on earth is like filthy rags, but those rags will not go with me to heaven. I will be changed, made like Jesus and presented with a "Crown of Righteousness."

Don't forget those who will receive the crown are the ones who are longing for the return of Jesus. Once we taste the Glory of Heaven we will all shout "Oh Yes!"

No comments:

Post a Comment