Saturday, September 17, 2011

Jesus and Judas Both Suffered

Listen to this blog.


The Rechabites have obeyed the command of their ancestor Jonadab, but you have not obeyed me, your God. I am the Lord All-Powerful, and I warned you about the terrible things that would happen to you if you did not listen to me. You have ignored me, so now disaster will strike you. I, the Lord , have spoken.

Jeremiah 35:16-17

The Lord told Jeremiah to offer the Rechabites wine to drink and they refused because of a command of their ancestor Jonadab. God then told the Rechabites that their clan would never die out. The Bedouins today may be the descendants of the Rechabites. It is just another example of how God's promises all come true.

The warnings of God to His children are not of the "I am going to get you for that" kind. The terrible things that happen because we do not listen to and obey God are not retribution. Vengeance is God's and He will repay, but His vengeance is not for His children. If you are a stubborn child and refuse to obey God you will suffer terrible things because you choose to walk a path filled with many dangers and pitfalls.

If you are an obedient child of God you will avoid much suffering in this life. You will still suffer, but you will suffer as a good soldier in battle rather than a foolish child tasting every poison to see if it is really bad!

Jesus and Judas both suffered. My goal must be to suffer like Jesus did. I can be an obedient child, a disobedient child, or an enemy of God. That is a choice I make every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment