Thursday, April 17, 2014

A Judas Opportunity!

Click here to listen to blog

Judas Iscariot was one of the twelve disciples. He went to the chief priests and asked, “How much will you give me if I help you arrest Jesus?” They paid Judas 30 silver coins, and from then on he started looking for a good chance to betray Jesus.

Matthew 26:14-16

I believe that every follower of Jesus is presented with a "Judas Opportunity" at least once and maybe many times. 

If you foolishly let your heart take you to the leaders of this world and ask them "HOW MUCH WILL YOU GIVE ME IF I HELP YOU ARREST JESUS?" The answer will be an impressive temptation.  You see, arresting Jesus today is trying to stop Him and keep His power from moving through the world and touching the hearts of the lost.  When you "arrest" the spread of the Gospel you are indeed betraying the Lord!

Judas was trying to stop Jesus from fulfilling God's plan for His life on this earth.  Judas was not willing to submit his own heart to the Will of God and so he sold his loyalty to Jesus for a mere 30 pieces of silver! 

What has the world offered you to turn your heart away from the Lord Jesus?   The list of possible things is long and can include, peace, security, wealth and fame.  Success in your field of work is also a popular offer.  Truthfully, anything that keeps you from being a 24/7 follower of Jesus can be your "30 Pieces of Silver." 

Judas did not stop Jesus from going to the Cross, in fact he became, even in his betrayal, part of the plan of God.  God's will, will be done in this world.  You can be certain of that!  You cannot stop God.  But you can refuse to follow Jesus and you will regret that decision forever!

It may help you to realize that every temptation you have to not walk with Jesus, even for a little while, may be your "30 pieces of silver."  When an opportunity crosses your path ask yourself this question and answer honestly.  Can I walk with Jesus on this path?  If I go this way will I find myself squarely in the will of God?  If the answer anything except, "Yes, absolutely! This is the path that Jesus wants me to walk" then turn and run away from it. 

"Lord Jesus, I know that the world has "30 pieces of silver" for me if I will only turn away from You.  Dear Jesus, open my eyes to see every temptation to betray You and give me the strength to say no!  I want to live this day and the rest of my life walking only on the path that You have prepared for me.  And may You be praised forever.  Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment