Monday, April 28, 2014

God Cannot Tell Lies!

Click here to listen to blog

God cannot tell lies! And so his promises and vows are two things that can never be changed.

We have run to God for safety. Now his promises should greatly encourage us to take hold of the hope that is right in front of us. This hope is like a firm and steady anchor for our souls. In fact, hope reaches behind the curtain and into the most holy place.

Hebrew 6:18-19

If God can do anything, how can it be said that "God cannot tell lies?"  The fact that God cannot lie is not a statement about His honesty, it is rather a statement about His complete power over everything.  When God utters a Word the entire cosmos adjusts itself to reflect the Word that God has spoken.  If it was "not true" when God says a thing, then instantly it becomes true because that's what Creation does in response to the Word of God.

All Creation becomes whatever God says it is.  This truth takes my reverence for the Bible to another level of wonder.  When I read the Bible and let God's Word dwell in my heart I am changed.  When I speak God's Word to a situation I am wielding the most powerful weapon on earth.  That's why simple men proclaiming the Word of God have been used to spark massive earth shaking revivals!  When a child memorizes a Bible verse he is storing in his heart a "concealed weapon" that is indeed dangerous in the eyes of Satan and his demons!

"Lord Jesus, Your Word is the Sword that cuts to the core of everything!  Your Word is the power that controls all there is.  Lord, whatever You say will be done.  May Your Word be done in my heart and my life today!  Speak Lord and open my ears that I may hear!  Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment