Monday, April 21, 2014

Only God Lives Forever!

Click here to listen to blog

Promise to obey completely and fully all that you have been told until our Lord Jesus Christ returns.

 

The glorious God

is the only Ruler,

the King of kings

and Lord of lords.

At the time that God

has already decided,

he will send Jesus Christ

back again.

 

Only God lives forever!

And he lives in light

that no one can come near.

No human has ever seen God

or ever can see him.

God will be honored,

and his power

will last forever. Amen.

I Timothy 6:14-16

Only God lives forever!  What an amazing statement!  We see eternal life as one that has no end, but God has no beginning and He will have no end.  God has been, as long as He will be and neither one of those can be measured. 

For me it is more difficult to think about the fact that God has always been than that He always will be.  With Jesus I will not live "forever" but I will live "the rest of forever," since I had a beginning.  The blood of Jesus insures that I will have no end, but it doesn't change the fact that I am a creation of God and I had a beginning.

My "beginning" started when God reached down and formed Adam from the dust of the ground.  Then God knit me together in my mother's womb.  He knew and designed every part of my body, mind, and soul.  I was formed to follow Jesus.  Every step that I take in walking with my Lord is one step closer to being everything God created me to be.

Perhaps in Heaven I will be enabled by God to see "Eternity Past" as well as "Eternity Future," but until that day I will just walk with Jesus and hold His hand! 

"Lord Jesus, I trust You today to lead me on toward tomorrow and forever!  Strengthen my heart to face whatever may come today with You walking at my side.  Praise Your Eternal and Holy Name. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment