Saturday, April 19, 2014

Tools Not Ornaments!

Click here to listen to blog

My friends, you asked me about spiritual gifts.  I want you to remember that before you became followers of the Lord, you were led in all the wrong ways by idols that cannot even talk.  Now I want you to know that if you are led by God's Spirit, you will say that Jesus is Lord, and you will never curse Jesus.

There are different kinds of spiritual gifts, but they all come from the same Spirit.  There are different ways to serve the same Lord,  and we can each do different things. Yet the same God works in all of us and helps us in everything we do.

The Spirit has given each of us a special way of serving others.

I Corinthians 12:1-7

My wife and I have six children.  When I hear that one of my children is being a servant to the rest of them, I am really blessed.  I suppose God feels the same way about His children.  In fact, God even gives His children special gifts so that they will be better able to serve each other! 

How has God enabled you to serve others?  What ability has He given you that you can use in being a blessing to those around you?  Instead of leaving your gift from God wrapped up in a box with a pretty ribbon around it, open it up and use the gift, whatever it is, to bless others! 

If you say, "I don't know what my gift is" then ask yourself one simple question.  "How can I minister to others?"  I believe that whatever the answer to that question, you will with that answer discover your gift from God! 

The gift that God has given you is a tool not an ornament!  Gifts of the Spirit are not for the purpose of making you look better to those around you.  Gifts of the Spirit are in your tool box of service opportunities! 

When you see a need in someone's life, ask the Lord if He has given you a way to minister to that need.  If the answer is that He has not, then it is perfectly alright to ask God for a special tool for that special need!  There have been many miraculous ministries that began exactly that way!

Whatever God's gift to you, He wants you to walk this day with the power of God flowing through you to those who are in need!  The Glory will be His, but Joy and Peace will be yours! 

"Lord Jesus, show me a need today for which You want to empower me to be the channel for a blessing from You. Thank You Jesus that Your gifts are tools and not ornaments!  Praise Your Holy Name Jesus, forever.  Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment