Monday, April 14, 2014

Called Up By Jesus!

Click here to listen to blog

We have not stopped praying for you since the first day we heard about you. In fact, we always pray that God will show you everything he wants you to do and that you may have all the wisdom and understanding his Spirit gives.  Then you will live a life that honors the Lord, and you will always please him by doing good deeds. You will come to know God even better.  His glorious power will make you patient and strong enough to endure anything, and you will be truly happy.

I pray that you will be grateful to God for letting you have part in what he has promised his people in the kingdom of light.

Colossians 1:9-12

I think I was 12 years old when I first tried out for the "Knot Hole" summer baseball team in my neighborhood.  I was not very athletic, but my best friend wanted to play baseball and I figured it would be a good thing for me as well. When I was 12 everyone who wanted to play did not "make the team."  I was one of those who had to stay home while my friend played baseball.  After more than 50 years I can still feel a twinge of the rejection of not being able to play that summer. 

Jesus is not like the "Knot Hole" baseball coach who told me I could not be on the team.  Everyone who comes to Jesus and wants to be with Him is welcomed with open arms!  You see Jesus does not exclude you from His team because of your ability, talent, or past experience.  The only thing that can keep you off of His team is your sin, but Jesus personally took care of that problem when He went to the Cross!

Jesus let's you be involved in what He is doing in the world today!  That is really quite amazing.  To continue with the baseball analogy, when you meet Jesus, He calls you up from the minor leagues to play with Him in the World Series!  He gives you a place on His team and then He imparts His own strength and wisdom to you so you can succeed.

Never forget that everything good that you are able to do is because of Jesus.  He has called you to belong to Him and Jesus gives you the strength to "play the game of life" and win! 

"Lord Jesus, thank You for letting me work with You as Your power moves on the hearts of men and women in this world.  And may You be praised forever! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment