Sunday, April 13, 2014

Yoked With Jesus!

Click here to listen to blog

If you are tired from carrying heavy burdens, come to me and I will give you rest.  Take the yoke I give you. Put it on your shoulders and learn from me. I am gentle and humble, and you will find rest. This yoke is easy to bear, and this burden is light.

Matthew 11:28-30

Is life itself a heavy load? Have you learned from experience that life brings you many circumstances that are very difficult and some that are completely overwhelming? Are you "burned out" and desperately in need of rest?

The answer to all you needs is Jesus Christ! He will bear your burdens and give you the rest you need, and that rest will be the sweetest repose possible! But don't forget the line in these verses that says: "Take the yoke I give you. Put it on your shoulders and learn from me." As a follower of Jesus Christ we are "Yoked" to Him. Like two oxen that pull together we not only see the Lord work around us, but He lets us feel the pull of the load!

When two cattle are yoked together, one usually is more experienced and because of the yoke can teach the other one lessons that are needed to be a valuable "beast of burden."

When you are yoked to Jesus Christ you not only see how He works, but you learn how to work like Jesus does and ultimately you become like Jesus. So when the world around you observes your life they don't see you "acting like" Jesus, but rather they see you have "learned from Him" and consequently "you are like" Jesus. It is all part of being transformed into His image!

Don't forget that the troubles, burdens, loads and even suffering in this life are all part of how you learn while being yoked to Jesus. They are all too heavy to pull without the Lord in your life, but with Him no burden can stop you or even slow you down!

"Lord Jesus, I want to feel the yoke that You have put on my shoulders. May I learn from You all that You want to teach me as I carry the loads of life which are on Your shoulders as well as mine. May You be praised forever. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment