Thursday, January 15, 2015

God is My Autopilot!

 

Click here to listen to blog

God blesses everyone who has wisdom and common sense.
Wisdom is worth more than silver; it makes you much richer than gold. Wisdom is more valuable than precious jewels; nothing you want compares with her.In her right hand Wisdom holds a long life, and in her left hand are wealth and honor.

Wisdom makes life pleasant and leads us safely along. Wisdom is a life-giving tree, the source of happiness for all who hold on to her.By his wisdom and knowledge the Lord created heaven and earth. By his understanding he let the ocean break loose and clouds release the rain.

Proverbs 3:13-20

What is the relationship between wisdom and intelligence? You certainly can have intelligence without wisdom and you can be wise with only a limited amount of intelligence. Wisdom is not how much you know, but how you handle the things that you do know.

I don't have any wisdom about "open heart surgery" because I don't know how to do it. But I do have some wisdom about how to cut and split firewood for my stove. Humanly speaking you can only be wise about things that you know.

But when God gives you His wisdom, you become wise about things far beyond your own knowledge! I may have a situation in my life about which I don't have all the details. I can't make a wise decision because I don't know all the facts. But God does know the facts of every situation and He can instruct me with His wisdom. Then I can act wisely without really knowing what I am doing!

I may not know how to pilot an airplane, but if the plane is on "automatic pilot" I can sit in the captain's seat and the plane will safely proceed on it's journey. The wisdom of God is the autopilot for my life. The simple truth is this: Without God's wisdom as your "automatic pilot" your life is certain to crash and burn!

"Thank you Lord for helping me make wise decisions about things that are beyond my ability to know! Lord, today I choose to give you control of everything in my life. May You be praised forever. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment