Wednesday, January 21, 2015

What’s In Your Box?

Click here to listen to blog 

 

Sound a warning!
Israel, you broke our agreement
and ignored my teaching.
Now an eagle is swooping down
to attack my land.

Israel, you say, “We claim you,
the Lord, as our God.”

But your enemies
will chase you
for rejecting
our good agreement.

You chose kings and leaders
without consulting me;
you made silver and gold idols
that led to your downfall.

Hosea 8:1-4

There is at least one nation on this earth that prints "In God We Trust" on their money. But the sad fact is this: That nation has for more than a generation now tried to run away from trusting God by the way they live and the laws their leaders make.

Actions do speak louder than words when I comes to trusting God as a nation, but it is also true of your life as well. Do you wear the name "Christian" and let everyone know that you are a follower of Jesus Christ? Like money, you may have "In God I Trust" stamped on your forehead, but in your heart your trust is in something else?

Have you ever opened a box and found that the box was "mislabeled?" The thing on the inside of the box was not what the label said it was.
I'm afraid that is also true of some Christians. The label on the outside of their "box" says "Follower of Jesus Christ," but on the inside they are followers of the world and all it's alluring charms.

God is not impressed with a mislabeled heart. Just because you claim to be a follower of Jesus, does not make you one. Following Jesus is seen clearly in the decisions you make every day. Of course, it is a good thing to have the proper label on your heart, but the label does not change what is in your box!

"Lord Jesus, I want my heart to belong completely to You. Help me not to try to deceive those around me by putting the wrong label on my heart! I want to be totally and completely committed to You! May You be praised forever. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment