Saturday, January 3, 2015

Read the Will!

Click here to listen to the blog

Christ died to rescue those who had sinned and broken the old agreement. Now he brings his chosen ones a new agreement with its guarantee of God's eternal blessings!  In fact, making an agreement of this kind is like writing a will. This is because the one who makes the will must die before it is of any use.  In other words, a will doesn't go into effect as long as the one who made it is still alive.

Hebrews 9:15-17

If you have written a "Will," after you die the words of that document will be carried out by those in charge of your "earthly possessions."  I'm sure you have heard the stories of a "rich uncle" dying and leaving an unsuspecting relative a fortune!  It does happen, but it would be foolish to live your life as if all your financial needs would be taken care of by a rich uncle!

Did you know that Jesus made a Will and when He died it went into effect?  For you the death of Jesus Christ was much better than a rich uncle dying.  The Will of Jesus says that you are to be given Eternal Life with Him in Heaven.  Just like the will of a rich uncle, it is who you are, not what you do that qualifies you for Eternal Life!

There is nothing that I can do to make you my uncle, and there is nothing that I can do to make Jesus my Lord!  Just like I can refuse to accept money from a relative, I can also refuse to accept Eternal Life from Jesus! 

If you are alive and breathing, the Will of Jesus says you can receive Eternal Life.  All you must do is to receive it! 

"Lord Jesus, thank You for remembering me in Your Will!  Help me to always be willing to receive Your will for today!  Praise Your Name now and forever.  Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment