Saturday, January 24, 2015

Small Answered Prayers!

Click here to listen to blog

I praise you, Lord,
for answering my prayers.
You are my strong shield,
and I trust you completely.
You have helped me,
and I will celebrate
and thank you in song.

You give strength
to your people, Lord,
and you save and protect
your chosen ones.

Come save us and bless us.
Be our shepherd and always
carry us in your arms.

Psalm 28:6-9

If you answer the telephone when I call, then I can say for certain that you are alive! If you don't answer when I call, it may be because you are not alive! If you do answer when I call my doubts about whether or not you exist are all wiped away.


If you pray to God and there is no answer, how do you know that you are not praying to the wind? But if your prayers are answered you can be certain that your religion has turned into a relationship.


I once met a man who was very religious, but then became a follower of Jesus. Before he came to know Jesus he prayed five times a day. I asked him to tell me about the difference in his praying before and after he became a Christian. He said: "Before I became a follower of Jesus I prayed five times a day, but my prayers were never answered. But after I became a Christian my prayers were always answered!"


Every answered prayer strengthens your faith in Jesus. It's like a small child on the playground running back to his mother every few minutes just to make sure she is still there!


It's OK to pray one of those "I just want to hear Your voice" prayers. "Small talk" between friends does serve an important purpose, and "small answered prayers" remind us daily that God is still there and has not forgotten us or changed!


Don't wait for a "big need" to come along in your life before you pray. Ask God about small things, then watch and listen carefully for His answer.


"Lord Jesus, there is nothing in my heart or mind that does not concern You. Today I will open my ears to listen for Your answers to my prayers, even about small things! And may You be praised forever. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment