Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Ignoring God!

 

Click here to listen to blog

“How much longer will you enjoy being stupid fools? Won’t you ever stop sneering and laughing at knowledge?

Listen as I correct you and tell you what I think.

You completely ignored me and refused to listen; you rejected my advice and paid no attention when I warned you.

“So when you are struck by some terrible disaster, or when trouble and distress surround you like a whirlwind, I will laugh and make fun.

You will ask for my help, but I won’t listen; you will search, but you won’t find me.

No, you would not learn, and you refused to respect the Lord.

You rejected my advice and paid no attention when I warned you.

“Now you will eat the fruit of what you have done, until you are stuffed full with your own schemes.

Sin and self-satisfaction bring destruction and death to stupid fools.

Proverbs 1:22-32

God is not an insurance policy that you can ignore, except for paying the premiums and then expect Him to bail you out when trouble comes! The country in which I live recognized and honored God when it was founded and for many years after that, but then came the day when we began to tell God to leave us alone. We decided that we did not need Him anymore and that all of our blessings came from our own diligence and intelligence!

How very foolish we have been. We are like a house which says to it's foundation, "I don't need you anymore, I will stand without you!" We are like a bird that tells it's wings that it will fly very nicely without them or a car that says "no more gas for me, I will run on my own."


As we plummet to moral depths of nations that cease to be relevant as a force for good in the world, our leaders wonder why our former glory is slipping away. They are trying to fix it with more taxes, then less taxes. They try one party, then the other one. But turning back to God seems not to be on their list of options.


Here is a worthy old saying: Jesus is the answer, what is your question?


"Lord Jesus, may my nation's turn back to You begin with me today. Draw my heart close to yours and let the revival begin to burn in my life. May You be praised now and forever. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment