Saturday, January 10, 2015

Wisdom and Understanding!

 

Click here to listen to blog

If any of you need wisdom, you should ask God, and it will be given to you. God is generous and won't correct you for asking.    But when you ask for something, you must have faith and not doubt. Anyone who doubts is like an ocean wave tossed around in a storm.  If you are that kind of person, you can't make up your mind, and you surely can't be trusted. So don't expect the Lord to give you anything at all.

James 1:5-8

Are you a wise man? No one ever becomes wise without first recognizing their own foolishness! I believe that is why there are so few men who are indeed wise. It is very hard to admit that you are not wise. And it is only those who know they need wisdom who will humble themselves and ask God for it!

Foolishness and prejudice are close friends. If a man comes to a conclusion about anything before he knows the facts, he is prejudiced and foolish! When you "pre-judge" any situation without seeking truth above all else, you are walking in the path of a fool!

But when you ask God for wisdom the Bible says that it will be given to you! The only condition is that you must have faith and not doubt. You must believe that God will give you the wisdom you are seeking.

Remember that wisdom and understanding are not the same. When I was a small child my parents would give me wise advice and if I followed it, I would be blessed! But I did not understand the wisdom that they imparted to me until I was older myself.

You will not always, and maybe never on this earth, understand the wisdom of God! God's wisdom is based on the Truth of Eternity that only He can know! And His wisdom points to the path of life because He can see all the way to the End. We can only see a few feet in front of our faces!

"Lord Jesus, I need Your wisdom today. The wisdom of this world is like Your foolishness! I know that as I walk on this earth I may never understand Your wisdom, but I also know that You have promised to give it to me! So I choose to believe and thank You today Jesus for Your wisdom. May You be praised forever. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment