Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Free Will and God's Word!




The Lord said: Ezekiel, son of man, you've heard people in Israel use the saying, “Time passes, and prophets are proved wrong.”  Now tell the people that I, the Lord, am going to prove that saying wrong. No one will ever be able to use it again in Israel, because very soon everything I have said will come true!  The people will hear no more useless warnings and false messages.  I will give them my message, and what I say will certainly happen. Warn those rebels that the time has come for them to be punished. I, the Lord, make this promise. Ezekiel, the people of Israel are also saying that your visions and messages are only about things in the future.   So tell them that my words will soon come true, just as I have warned. I, the Lord, have spoken.

Ezekiel 12:21-28

Does God punish nations today, or was that only for “ancient” times?  If you believe that God, today is only concerned about individual people and not about how they live together as a nation consider this:  The end of all things will come just as God has planned it and not as nations and godless people want it to be!  Men and whole nations can rebel against God, but God will either tolerate or wipe out that rebellion according to how it fits into His final plan for planet earth!  

The “free will” of man does not and cannot change even one Word of God’s Will for His creation!

So when a nation rebels against God and is not destroyed it is because God will use even that rebellion to accomplish His Will on earth!  But when a nation rebells against God and crumbles under the power of God’s judgement, that rebellion does not serve His purposes!

As followers of Jesus Christ we must simply listen to the Words of God and obey them, rather than trying to understand His Global Plan for making things ready for the return of Jesus to this earth!  One thing we can know for certain, and it is this:  God will not destroy a nation that honors Him and seeks to know His will for their land!

“Lord Jesus, may I today be one of those that honors You in my nation.  And may You, Jesus be praised forever.  Amen.”




No comments:

Post a Comment