Sunday, May 8, 2016

Talk to God About Everything!



Jesus told his disciples a story about how they should keep on praying and never give up: In a town there was once a judge who didn't fear God or care about people. In that same town there was a widow who kept going to the judge and saying, “Make sure that I get fair treatment in court.”

For a while the judge refused to do anything. Finally, he said to himself, “Even though I don't fear God or care about people, I will help this widow because she keeps on bothering me. If I don't help her, she will wear me out.”

The Lord said: Think about what that crooked judge said. Won't God protect his chosen ones who pray to him day and night? Won't he be concerned for them? He will surely hurry and help them. But when the Son of Man comes, will he find on this earth anyone with faith?

Luke 18:1-8

The crooked judge gave the widow what she asked for because she continually came before him with the request. God is certainly not a crooked judge but He wants His children to always come to Him with their needs. If there is something that concerns you but you feel you cannot talk to God about it, then truly your concern is misplaced. God is ready, willing and able to help you as His child.

The Lord of heaven and earth created you with needs that must be met for you to continue living on this earth. He also created the earth so that it would provide food and water to eat and drink, clothes to wear and shelter from the storms.

God not only wants you to come to Him day and night but He also wants you to talk to Him about everything that concerns you. If there is a desire in your heart that you cannot discuss with God then you must turn your heart away from it.

“Lord Jesus, I desire that my thoughts be Your thoughts and that my ways are the ways that come from You. I pray that if You return before I die You will say that I have faith on this earth. And may You be praised forever! Amen.”


No comments:

Post a Comment