Wednesday, May 11, 2016

God Reversed the “Curse” for the Clothes and Shoes!




Moses called the nation of Israel together and told them:  When you were in Egypt, you saw the Lord perform great miracles that caused trouble for the king, his officials, and everyone else in the country. He has even told you, “For 40 years I, the Lord, led you through the desert, but your clothes and your sandals didn't wear out, and I gave you special food.  I did these things so you would realize that I am your God.” But the Lord must give you a change of heart before you truly understand what you have seen and heard.

Deuteronomy 29:2-6

I have a bathrobe that I have worn for almost 30 years.  It is older than that because it belonged to my father before me and it does need to be replaced.  But, imagine that the clothes you wear every day and the shoes on your feet would not wear out for 40 years.  God reversed the “curse” for the clothes and shoes of the Israelites while they wandered in the desert on their way to the Promised Land!  But the hearts of God’s children did not do so well.  Their clothes didn’t need to be changed, but their hearts were in terrible shape and needed to be changed by the Lord, Himself!

As you journey through the wilderness of this life on earth on your way to the Promised Land, God still preserves shoes and clothes!  If Jesus calls you to walk a path in this life, He preserves whatever you need to walk that road so that you will be able to walk it!  Followers of Jesus are never unable to obey the calling of God on their lives for lack of shoes and clothes!

If you hear what you believe to be the call of God but their is not sufficient provision for that journey, then you either have not heard Him correctly or He will make your “shoes and clothes” not wear out while you walk that path!

But like the Israelites before us, God must change our hearts before we can understand the things we see and hear as we walk with Him!


“Lord Jesus, thank You for making my 'shoes and clothes' not wear out as I walk on this journey to the promised land of Heaven.  Change my heart so that I will understand the things I see and hear along the way.  May You, Jesus be praised forever.  Amen.”

No comments:

Post a Comment