Tuesday, May 3, 2016

ONE WITH GOD!




Father, I don't ask you to take my followers out of the world, but keep them safe from the evil one. They don't belong to this world, and neither do I. Your word is the truth. So let this truth make them completely yours. I am sending them into the world, just as you sent me. I have given myself completely for their sake, so they may belong completely to the truth.

I am not praying just for these followers. I am also praying for everyone else who will have faith because of what my followers will say about me. I want all of them to be one with each other, just as I am one with you and you are one with me. I also want them to be one with us. Then the people of this world will believe that you sent me.

John 17:15-21

For centuries Christians have struggled with how to understand the truth of who God is.  He is Father, Son and Holy Spirit.  And of course the difficulty is that He is one and He is all three at the same time.  Then when Jesus prays to God, God is speaking and God is listening!  The “Oneness” of God is truly unfathomable.

But Jesus says in John 17 that He wants us to be one with each other like He is with God!  If that is so then our fellowship with each other is a sacred thing!  

Then Jesus utters words that humans cannot fully understand.  He says that He and the Father are one, that we are one with each other, and that He wants us to be one with them!  Only with fear and trembling can you ponder that awesome truth!  The goal that Jesus has for your life is that you be ONE WITH GOD!


“Oh Lord, I confess that I do not understand how I can be one with my brothers and sisters, much less how to be ONE with You.  Show me how today!  And may You be praised forever, Amen!”

No comments:

Post a Comment