Wednesday, March 5, 2014

God Treasures People

Click here to listen to blog

The Lord said:

Heaven is my throne;

the earth is my footstool.

What kind of house

could you build for me?

In what place will I rest?

 

I have made everything;

that's how it all came to be.

I, the Lord, have spoken.

The people I treasure most

are the humble—

they depend only on me

and tremble when I speak.

Isaiah 66:1-2

God's treasures people who are humble and depend only on Him. These are the people that tremble when God speaks. I have often in my life said that I want to hear the voice of God. But have I really considered what that means? The voice of God created the world and in fact the voice of God is awesome beyond our imagination.

God said, "Let there be light and there was light." When God speaks every molecule in the universe conforms itself to His Word and Will. It really is amazing that God gave men the ability to argue with Him about anything. But when you come to truly believe that God is who He says He is and that Jesus Christ actually came to this earth and died for you it seems utterly foolish to disagree with God.

If you hear the voice of God and do not tremble, then you need to find out more about who He really is. Don't take God lightly. He is not a figment of your imagination.

"Lord Jesus, I want to hear Your voice, but I also want to be changed by what I hear You say. Help me to be humble and depend only on You so that I may be part of Your treasure here on earth. Praise Your Name forever. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment