Monday, March 3, 2014

Obey Like Jesus Did

Click here to listen to blog

But when the time was right, God sent his Son, and a woman gave birth to him. His Son obeyed the Law,  so he could set us free from the Law, and we could become God's children.  Now that we are his children, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts. And his Spirit tells us that God is our Father. You are no longer slaves. You are God's children, and you will be given what he has promised.

Galatians 4:4-7

Obeying the Law of Moses was a human impossibility. Try as you may you cannot perfectly obey the Law that God gave and is recorded in the Old Testament.

Here is an amazing truth! What other men could not and cannot do, Jesus did! Jesus conformed His life in absolute obedience to the Law. That in itself is beyond impressive.

We spend most of our focus on the fact that Jesus went to the Cross and died in my place for my sins! And we should, but don't forget that Jesus was able to do that because for more than 30 years He never broke a law of God!

So why must I pay attention to the "Law of God?" Why should I try to be obedient to everything God has said? The answer to that is simple and yet very profound. When I obey God I am like Jesus. When I don't obey I am not living like my Lord.

I don't obey the Law in order to be saved, but I am obedient so I can be like Jesus! I am not saved by my obedience, but rather by His! If I have even one moment of disobeying God, then that moment is one in which I am not living as Jesus did!

If you want to be like Jesus you will see the miraculous power of God in the world around you and also have a cross to bear, but you will also be obedient to God!

Is there something still on your list of "Things God told me to do but I have not yet done?" If there is then begin today to be obedient to God so that even in that thing you will be like Jesus!

"Lord Jesus, I want to be like You in the complete way You were obedient to God. Show me one more desire that God has for me so that I may be obedient to it! Thank You Jesus. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment