Sunday, March 16, 2014

Written by Jesus!

Click here to listen to blog

“But now I tell the people

of Israel

this is my new agreement:

‘The time will come

when I, the Lord,

will write my laws

on their minds and hearts.

I will be their God,

and they will be

my people.

 

Not one of them

will have to teach another

to know me, their Lord.’

“All of them will know me,

no matter who they are.

 

I will treat them with kindness,

even though they are wicked.

I will forget their sins.”

Hebrews 8:10-12

My dog is a Cairn Terrier. Her name is Jente and she is very much like all the other dogs of her breed. My wife has read lots of descriptions of Cairn Terriers and we can see that Jente really is very much like the rest! When Jente was born, God wrote on her heart and mind the characteristics that would identify her as a Cairn.

When I was born I had a heart and mind like my father Adam and my mother Eve. I was self-centered and wanted to "enjoy" all the pleasures of this world even if it meant sinning against God Himself. I did want to be "good" and not sin, but I was overwhelmed with my own human nature.

But when I was "born again" everything changed. I then had the ability to say no to sin. I realized that I could "escape temptation" and choose the right things instead of the wrong things. And my mind was able to understand the things of God. Before I began this new life I could not make sense of much of what I read in the Bible. But after my new birth the puzzle pieces all fit together.

So if you are trying to live as a Christian without being one, you will eventually give up. If you have not given your whole life to Jesus then you cannot expect that He will write on your heart and mind. Only when you trust and obey the Lord Jesus can you expect that He will begin the process of changing you into His image.

You may know lots of people who are pretending to follow Jesus, but only when you truly follow Him yourself will you see and understand what He writes on your heart and mind. When Jesus writes on your heart then everyone who sees you will come to know that you belong to Jesus!

"Lord Jesus, take your pen and write on my heart and mind. May my desires and thoughts reflect Yours as I walk with You again today. Praise Your Holy Name. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment