Friday, March 14, 2014

Think About Jesus Today!

Click here to listen to blog

Always be glad because of the Lord! I will say it again: Be glad.  Always be gentle with others. The Lord will soon be here.  Don't worry about anything, but pray about everything. With thankful hearts offer up your prayers and requests to God.  Then, because you belong to Christ Jesus, God will bless you with peace that no one can completely understand. And this peace will control the way you think and feel.

Finally, my friends, keep your minds on whatever is true, pure, right, holy, friendly, and proper. Don't ever stop thinking about what is truly worthwhile and worthy of praise.

Philippians 4:4-8

In the world of Journalism there is "Good News" and there is "Bad News." But the saying "If it bleeds, it leads" lets us know that Bad News always wins in the reporting of news. Bad news includes, murders, wars, cheating, thievery, wife beating, child abuse and all sorts of sadness, grief and misery! Every day we all have ample opportunity to fill our minds with things to ponder that do not come under the categories of "true, pure, right, holy, friendly, and proper."

If beautiful thoughts are to be in the forefront of your mind you cannot be passive in the struggle for your mind and heart. If I were to tell you not to think about an elephant, and I repeated "don't think about an elephant" over and over all day long, how effective would that be in keeping your mind away from elephants? Well of course it would not. The more I tell you not to think about something, anything, the more your mind has that thought available for you to grab. You are then tempted to start thinking about the very thing I warned you about.

The other day my wife ask me about a situation and I told her that I had never heard of it before. She responded that I had definitely heard about it because she told me herself! Even though my ears had heard the words my mind had not stored the information away so that I could recall it later. It is not good that I forgot something my wife told me, but it is very good for me to forget the things the world tells me. The Bad News of this world drags me down and keeps my mind from thinking about the really good stuff!

Today, keep your mind on whatever is true, pure, right, holy, friendly, and proper. Don't ever stop thinking today about what is truly worthwhile and worthy of praise.

Here is a good place to start. Think about the very first person who truly loved you. Maybe it was your mother or even someone else, but you cannot think about that love without feeling the blessing of it in your heart.

"Lord Jesus, help me today to think about You and Your love for me. Show me another way that Your love is evident in my life and how You have cared for me for all these years. You Lord Jesus are the beautiful thought that I need for today. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment