Saturday, March 8, 2014

Where is Jesus?

Click here to listen to blog

If you serve me, you must go with me. My servants will be with me wherever I am. If you serve me, my Father will honor you.

John 12:26

If you are a follower of Jesus Christ, then what you are is simply that a "follower." Jesus does not follow you, you follow Him!

We are sometimes tempted to think that when Jesus said, "I am with you always," He meant that it doesn't matter where we go or what we do because Jesus will be there with us. If you serve Jesus, then you go with Him. Look around and ask yourself, "Did I follow Jesus to this place?"

Is Jesus in the place where you are right now? Or do you know for sure that the Lord is not with you in what you are doing?

Have you stopped along the road in your walk with Jesus and said "Jesus, You stay here while I go in there and in a little while I will come back?" Maybe the first time or two when you come back He is there and you continue on your walk with Him. But then one day you linger longer in a place without Jesus and you forget that He is waiting for you. Then when you come out and look for Him, He has moved on without you, and you begin to question whether or not He was really there in the first place. For some who have such an experience it is years before they start walking with Jesus again.

The great lesson for me to learn is this: Never go anywhere that Jesus will not go with you! Don't separate yourself from Jesus even for a moment. When you walk away from Jesus you are like an alcoholic who takes "just one" drink. One minute away from Jesus can be a tragic experience for any follower of Him.

"Lord Jesus, convict my heart today every time I am tempted to step away from You for even a minute. Give me the courage and strength to say "No" every time my feet want to wander from You. And Lord show me now where You are leading me today! Praise Your Holy Name. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment