Sunday, October 27, 2013

Is it Jesus at the Door?

Click here to listen to blog
When the Son of Man comes in his glory with all his angels, he will sit on his royal throne

The people of all nations will be brought before him, and he will separate them, as shepherds separate their sheep from their goats. He will place the sheep on his right and the goats on his left. Then the king will say to those on his right, “My father has blessed you! Come and receive the kingdom that was prepared for you before the world was created. When I was hungry, you gave me something to eat, and when I was thirsty, you gave me something to drink. When I was a stranger, you welcomed me, and when I was naked, you gave me clothes to wear. When I was sick, you took care of me, and when I was in jail, you visited me.”

Then the ones who pleased the Lord will ask, “When did we give you something to eat or drink?  When did we welcome you as a stranger or give you clothes to wear or visit you while you were sick or in jail?”

The king will answer, “Whenever you did it for any of my people, no matter how unimportant they seemed, you did it for me.”

Then the king will say to those on his left, “Get away from me! You are under God's curse. Go into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels!  I was hungry, but you did not give me anything to eat, and I was thirsty, but you did not give me anything to drink.

I was a stranger, but you did not welcome me, and I was naked, but you did not give me any clothes to wear. I was sick and in jail, but you did not take care of me.”

Matthew 25:31-43

This is a very disturbing passage of Scripture. When the day of judgment comes and you stand before Jesus on the throne the discussion will be about how you helped or did not help those in need.

There is no mention of your doctrinal theology about anything. Did you have the correct understanding of the End Times, or Free Will and the Sovereignty of God? What about the church you attended? Surely that will make a big difference on Judgment Day? It is not mentioned.

According to these verses the discussion will center around food, water, shelter, clothes, medical care, and concern for those in jail.

If Jesus comes to your door today and He is in need of food or water or clothes, or maybe He is sick, how will you respond? I'm sure you would take care of the needs of Jesus.

But remember this: When Jesus comes to your door today He will be in someone else's body. He will look like a friend, or a beggar and prepare to be shocked, but when Jesus comes to your door in need He may look like a prostitute!

Practice the "very spiritual" art of seeing Jesus in everyone who crosses your path. If the person does not look like or even live like Jesus, they were still created in the image of God and this encounter may be discussed before the throne on the Day of Judgment!










No comments:

Post a Comment