Thursday, October 24, 2013

Everything is a Miracle!

Click here to listen to blog

Lead your people, Lord! Come and be our shepherd. Grasslands surround us, but we live in a forest.  So lead us to Bashan and Gilead,  and let us find pasture  as we did long ago.

I, the Lord, will work miracles just as I did when I led you out of Egypt.  Nations will see this and be ashamed because of their helpless armies.  They will be in shock, unable to speak or hear, because of their fear of me, your Lord and God.

Then they will come trembling, crawling out of their fortresses like insects or snakes, lapping up the dust.

Micah 7:14-17

When God shows up and reveals Himself to men the normal reaction is one of great fear! Most people believe that the natural world is independent from and not influenced by the power of God. We foolishly tell ourselves that the power of God can only be seen when He miraculously intervenes in the affairs of men. And even when we see one of those "miracles" we look often for a natural explanation of the miraculous event! The thing that we miss is that there is no difference between the natural and the miraculous. It is God's power working in both!


When Jesus came into my life I began to see the power of God in everything. Every breath I take is supported by God's touch on my body. Every sound I hear, sunset I see, bite of fruit I take, and even the ability to enjoy those things is a direct evidence of the miraculous power of God! The Bible says that God is Love. So even the most wicked and sinful man who has ever lived, if he loves someone, even his own mother, he is touching the very essence of God!


When you let Jesus take over control of your life, then everything becomes a "miracle." You begin to see no difference in the miracle of life itself and a miracle that steps beyond what we call "natural."


"Lord Jesus, everything You do is miraculous. Even allowing me to talk with You through prayer is beyond anyone's imagination. Help me to blur the lines even further between the natural and the miraculous so that I will see You and Your power in everything! Praise Your Name forever. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment