Sunday, October 20, 2013

The Nearness of God!

Now, listen to what I have to say about Jesus from Nazareth. God proved he sent Jesus to you by having him work miracles, wonders, and signs. All of you know this.  God had already planned and decided that Jesus would be handed over to you. So you took him and had evil men put him to death on a cross.  But God set him free from death and raised him to life. Death could not hold him in its power.  What David said are really the words of Jesus,

“I always see the Lord near me, and I will not be afraid with him at my right side.

Because of this, my heart will be glad, my words will be joyful, and I will live in hope.

The Lord won't leave me in the grave. I am his holy one, and he won't let my body decay.

He has shown me the path to life, and he makes me glad by being near me.”

Acts 2:22-28

When a little child is standing near his father, there is no fear. A child trusts his father, probably more than he should. I always saw my father as being more capable than he really was. My father was my "great protector" and was to be trusted completely.


Jesus believed the same thing about His Father. Jesus was not afraid because God was at His right side. Jesus had a glad heart and His words were joyful as He lived in hope because God was near Him. Jesus trusted God to even protect Him from the effects of death and the grave. Jesus says that His Father showed Him the path to life and made Him glad!


As a little boy or girl, you may have trusted your father far beyond his actual ability to protect you, but as a follower of Jesus Christ you cannot trust God to do more than He is able to accomplish! Little boys like to brag about what their fathers can do, and it is perfectly fine for you to boast about the greatness of your Almighty Father.


The Bible even says that you cannot dream up something that He cannot do. One way to build your faith is to ask God to do something that can't be done! Then when you see Him do it, you will know even more that your Heavenly Father is able to take care of every need you will ever have!


"Lord Jesus, show me how to trust the Father even as You did. Help me to feel His presence near by my side as I walk through this day. And may He show me the path of life. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment