Monday, October 7, 2013

Become a Bible Story!

Click here to listen to blog

Your strong faith in the Lord is like a breath of new life. How can we possibly thank God enough for all the happiness you have brought us? Day and night we sincerely pray that we will see you again and help you to have an even stronger faith.

I Thessalonians 3:8-10

It is such an encouragement to hear the stories of men and women around the world whose faith is strong and growing! The Biblical accounts of the lives of those who came to believe in Jesus are in some ways the "prototypes" of faith! They believed and saw in their lives the power of God move in mighty ways.

One lie of Satan is that our faith cannot be like that today. So we look to Bible stories about faith, but do not expect the same things to happen to us. We live our lives trying to imitate Bible characters, believing that we do not have the internal power to live like them. We accept that our lives are different somehow from theirs and that what was available to them is not available to us!

I just want you to know that Satan's lie has been exposed. A dear friend of mine has written a book called "Miraculous Movements - How Hundreds of Thousands of Muslims Are Falling in Love with Jesus." Jerry Trousdale details the true stories of men and women who are experiencing the same things that you can read about in the Book of Acts!

Jerry and I have been friends for sixty years and I was privileged to spend three weeks traveling with him as he collected the stories. I listened to story after story and saw the joy on their faces as they told of God's great power in revealing Jesus to their hearts.

So here is my encouragement and commitment. I want to encourage you to seek to have a life of faith equal to any you read about in the Bible. And I have committed my life to Jesus to do the same thing! Instead of simply being amazed at how God is moving in others around me, I want to be amazed at how God is moving in me!

"Lord Jesus, may my faith in You grow today, so that I will know that the power working in me is from You and You alone! May my story be worthy of encouraging others to believe in You as well. And may You be glorified forever! Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment