Sunday, October 13, 2013

Wake Me Lord!

Click here to listen to blog

The Lord God gives me

the right words

to encourage the weary.

Each morning he awakens me

eager to learn his teaching;

he made me willing to listen

and not rebel or run away.

I let them beat my back

and pull out my beard.

I didn't turn aside

when they insulted me

and spit in my face.

But the Lord God keeps me

from being disgraced.

So I refuse to give up,

because I know

God will never let me down.

Isaiah 50:4-7

How do you wake up in the morning? I suppose most people use an alarm clock to jar them from sleep when there is just enough time to get ready for work and rush off for the day.


Isaiah says that God woke him up in the morning. And that when he woke up Isaiah was eager to learn God's teaching.


Have you ever asked God to wake you up in the morning? When God arouses you from sleep it is usually because He has something He wants to teach you. Instead of fretting that you can't get back to sleep, get up and go to the place where God usually speaks to your heart. Then ask Him to instruct you in the way that He would have you to go!


Because Isaiah listened to God in the morning he was able to say, even in the worst of times, "I refuse to give up, because I know God will never let me down."


"Dear Jesus, I know You will never let me down. Wake me each morning from my sleep so I can hear Your voice. And Lord, search my heart and if you find me sleeping when I need to be awake, then Lord wake me up and do it now! Praise Your Name forever. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment