Friday, October 4, 2013

Only What He Saw God Do!

Jesus told the people:

I tell you for certain the Son cannot do anything on his own. He can do only what he sees the Father doing, and he does exactly what he sees the Father do. The Father loves the Son and has shown him everything he does. The Father will show him even greater things, and you will be amazed. Just as the Father raises the dead and gives life, so the Son gives life to anyone he wants to.

John 5:19-21

I have read these verses before, but I don't think I have ever pondered, for very long what it means for Jesus to say that He only did what He saw God do! Every action Jesus took, every Word He spoke, and I'm sure that even every intent of His heart came straight from what He saw in His Father!


Jesus was so intimately related to God that He cried out on the Cross because the Father had turned away from Him. Jesus had a dependency on the Father that if it were a human relationship the "experts" would have deemed it unhealthy.


If you are as dependent on Jesus as He was on His Father you will also be judged by these same experts to be a fanatic follower. If you only do the things that you see Jesus do and you only speak the words that you hear Jesus speak then your heart will be seeing the world as Jesus saw it and your life will make sense to God!


"Lord Jesus, I want to depend on You just like You did on the Father! Show me what You have done and what You are doing today so that I might always do Your deeds and speak Your Words! Thank You Jesus! Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment