Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Hide or Seek!

Click here to listen to blog

God's word is alive and powerful! It is sharper than any double-edged sword. His word can cut through our spirits and souls and through our joints and marrow, until it discovers the desires and thoughts of our hearts. Nothing is hidden from God! He sees through everything, and we will have to tell him the truth.

Hebrews 4:12-13

I suppose most of us played the game of "Hide and Seek" when we were children. One person tried to hide from everyone else while all the others looked for the one who was hiding. There was no "winner" in the game of "Hide and Seek." Eventually, everyone who tries to hide from others in the game is found.


The game we play with God is like that, but it is also different. All men, starting with Adam and Eve have tried to hide from God. After sin entered into the human experience we all try to find a place to conceal ourselves from God.


God wants every man, woman and child to quit hiding from Him and start seeking! If you are seeking God you will find Him, but if you are hiding from God you cannot seek Him. In the children's game you are either a "Hider" or a "Seeker." You cannot be both at the same time. That is also true in life. If you are hiding from God you cannot seek Him and if you are seeking God, you cannot hide from Him.


Everyday I am tempted to hide from God. As I walk in the light, Satan whispers in my ear, "There is a good place you can hide for while from God." He tries to convince me that it would be a good thing to take a rest and stop or at least pause my pursuit.
Remember that Jesus said in the Sermon on the Mount that if I seek Him I will find Him! I must not today stop seeking and start hiding.


"Lord Jesus, I am so tempted every day to "step into the bushes" and try to hide from You. Help me today to seek You and not hide for even a moment! May I find You Jesus, again today! Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment