Friday, October 11, 2013

God Will Be There!

 

Click here to listen to blog

Be silent and listen,

every island in the sea.

Have courage and come near,

every one of you nations.

Let's settle this matter!

Who appointed this ruler

from the east?

Who puts nations and kings

in his power?

His sword and his arrows

turn them to dust

blown by the wind.

He goes after them so quickly

that his feet

barely touch the ground—

he doesn't even get hurt.

Who makes these things happen?

Who controls human events?

I do! I am the Lord.

I was there at the beginning;

I will be there at the end.

Isaiah 41:1-4

I cannot count the times that an "unnerving" and sometimes even heated discussion about politics or world events comes to a peaceful conclusion with the words "Remember that God is in control!"


These four verses in Isaiah 41 give us the basis for making that statement. The involvement of God in human events is certain. Even the godless nations are being orchestrated by God to accomplish His purposes!


It is so easy to forget this essential truth about the power of God in the world. When I see evil men in control of godless nations and the suffering that they impose on the rest of mankind I am tempted to believe that God is not in control.

Then I remember Isaiah 41:4.
"Who makes these things happen? Who controls human events? I do! I am The Lord. I was there at the beginning; I will be there at the end."


"Lord Jesus remind me again today that You not only were there at the beginning, but You will be there when it all comes to an end. And I thank You Lord that You are indeed in control of human events! Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment