Monday, July 9, 2018

From Darkness to Light




About noon I saw a light brighter than the sun. It flashed from heaven on me and on everyone traveling with me.  We all fell to the ground. Then I heard a voice say to me in Aramaic, "Saul, Saul, why are you so cruel to me? It's foolish to fight against me!"  "Who are you?" I asked. Then the Lord answered, "I am Jesus! I am the one you are so cruel to.  Now stand up. I have appeared to you, because I have chosen you to be my servant. You are to tell others what you have learned about me and what I will show you later."  The Lord also said, "I will protect you from the Jews and from the Gentiles that I am sending you to.  I want you to open their eyes, so that they will turn from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God. Then their sins will be forgiven, and by faith in me they will become part of God's holy people."

Acts 26: 13 - 18

When I asked the former Imam how we as Christians should feel about Muslims who want to kill us because of our faith, he said: “Love them and pray for them and remember that they are in the darkness and you are in the light!”

Paul thought he was obeying God when he found Christians, imprisoned and even ordered them to be killed.  Paul was not just an enemy of the concept and theology of Christianity, he was a “hands on” man of total opposition to Jesus!  

The most difficult to understand part of the Cross of Christ is that Jesus suffered and died to provide forgiveness and Eternal Salvation to those who were His greatest enemies!  Jesus loved His enemies to the fullest extent of that concept!  When Jesus heard the shouts calling for His crucifixion it was a chorus of voices of people who Jesus loved!  

It must be a thrilling experience for a doctor to be able to restore the sight of people who are blinded by cataracts.  But the most exciting of all is to enable men and women who are blinded by sin to be able to go From Darkness to Light!


“Thank You Jesus for showing the way for all men in darkness to come into Your Glorious Light.  Praise Your Holy Name now and forever.  Amen.”

No comments:

Post a Comment