Thursday, July 5, 2018

The Wonderful Love of Jesus!


Every time I think of you, I thank my God.  And whenever I mention you in my prayers, it makes me happy.  This is because you have taken part with me in spreading the good news from the first day you heard about it.  God is the one who began this good work in you, and I am certain that he won't stop before it is complete on the day that Christ Jesus returns.

Philippians 1: 3 - 6

How long had you been a follower of Jesus Christ before you began to tell other people the Good News of what Jesus gives to everyone who comes to Him in faith?  

If you are like the Christians in Philippi you told someone else about it the very same day that you heard the message!  In North America, where I live it doesn’t usually happen that way.  “Evangelism” comes later, after you have read books, taken classes and otherwise been “qualified” to proclaim the message of Jesus.  Sometimes we never get to the point of telling other people about Jesus.  We believe that the “paid professional” Christians are the ones who should do that.

The reason the Philippians began to tell other people about Jesus and what He did for them on the very first day they heard about it is this: The message about Jesus is not just Good News, it is rather the Best News anyone could ever hear.  Jesus is not only the answer to every question, the solution to every problem and the fulfillment of every pure and righteous imagination, but He is also the Meaning of Life itself.  Jesus provides the perfect purpose to your existence!  There is no treasure on earth that even comes close to the value of knowing Jesus!

So, if you are not telling other people about Jesus today, then you should go back and spend time listening to the message yourself.  When you really hear what Jesus is offering those who come to Him, you will find it impossible to keep quiet about it!  


“Lord Jesus, burn Your message on my heart.  I don’t need the courage to tell others about You, I simply need to understand what the message truly is!  Then nothing can stop me from telling everyone I meet about Your Wonderful Love!  Praise Your Holy Name now and forever.  Amen.”

No comments:

Post a Comment