Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Wonderful Plan for Your Life!




These are evil times, so make every minute count.  Don't be stupid. Instead, find out what the Lord wants you to do.

Ephesians 5: 16 - 17

Years ago I first heard the statement, “God has a wonderful plan for your life!”  While I was deeply immersed in pain and suffering, heartache and despair, those words seemed quite “trite” and hard for me to believe to say the least.  

Where is the “wonderful” part of losing a child, or losing a career?  How is it good that so many things “go wrong” and I am confused and literally spinning in my head about “what is going on?”  If God has a wonderful plan for my life, then I must be missing that plan in a big way!

And as life draws to a close simply because the years are mounting up more quickly every day, how can the “wonderful plan” of God for me include all kinds of physical limitations as my body grows weaker every year?  

The answer to all those questions is really quite simple: When I find out what the Lord wants me to do today, and I do it, then His wonderful plan for my life is being fulfilled!  You see, the “wonderful” thing about God’s plan for me may have nothing to do with my own personal peace and comfort.  It may be and frankly, I believe usually is all about others!  

As I grow more like Jesus, then my life, like His pours out God’s blessings on others.  And don’t forget that what God wants you to do today is something that He will give you the strength to accomplish!  It may only be a word, a smile, a simple touch of simply or encouragement, but if it is what He wants you to do, then it is part of His wonderful plan!

Find out what God wants you to do today and then do it.  No one is too old or too young, to poor or too weak, too uneducated or too ignorant to do what God wants them to do today!  The reward for doing God’s Will today is that you will know how Jesus felt when He went to the Cross!


“Lord Jesus, bless me with another opportunity to do Your Will!  Help me to have the very heart of Jesus as I walk through this day.  Praise Your Holy Name now and forever.  Amen.”

No comments:

Post a Comment