Thursday, July 26, 2018

God Sings a Song for You



Click here to listen to blog

Jerusalem, the time is coming, when it will be said to you: "Don't be discouraged or grow weak from fear!  The LORD your God wins victory after victory and is always with you. He celebrates and sings because of you, and he will refresh your life with his love."

Zephaniah 3: 16 - 17

Andrea Bocelli is an Italian tenor whose voice is known all around the world.  It is reported that Celine Dion, with whom he once sang a duet, said that “if God had a singing voice he would sound like Andrea Bocelli.”

According to Zephaniah God does have a singing voice and He celebrates and sings as He refreshes your life with His love!

I am reminded of the time when my oldest daughter was less than one year old and I would hold her in my arms and celebrate and sing because of her.  I would sing lots of songs, but I made up one simple song just about her and I would sing it to her over and over!  Years later her husband, who was playing the piano during the celebration of Communion in a worship time played the melody of the song that I wrote for my daughter!  I suppose everyone else thought it was just a simple tune of a song they did not know, but for my daughter it was personal and I hope precious!

Consider the possibility that God has written a love song just for you!  Jesus celebrates and sings because of you if you belong to Him!  Like a father holding a baby, God holds you in His arms and rejoices because of His very special creation!  

If you are a follower of Jesus Christ, ask God to let you hear the Song that He has written for you.  Ask Him to let you hear His voice as He pours out His love on His Child!  I believe that God has a special song for every one of His children!  

"Lord Jesus, Your love is the greatest thing in the world!  I want to hear Your voice as You celebrate and sing because of me!  Praise Your Holy Name now and forever.  Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment