Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Extreme Makeover!

God loves you and has chosen you as his own special people. So be gentle, kind, humble, meek, and patient. Put up with each other, and forgive anyone who does you wrong, just as Christ has forgiven you. Love is more important than anything else. It is what ties everything completely together.
Colossians 3:12-14

If God loves me, "what on earth" does that mean?

I remember my oldest daughter, who is now almost 40 years old, when she was standing in her crib screaming at the top of her lungs. I realized that if she could have at that point in her young life, she would have killed me! Her anger was written all over her face. But as a loving father I could look at this child filled with rage and see through it all the precious one I loved.

When Jesus hung on the Cross He saw a world that was raging in anger against Him and against His Father in Heaven. But He also saw the loving children they would become if they accepted His sacrifice.

I'm sure my daughter does not remember her rage as a small child. Today is my birthday and I got a precious handmade card with the most loving poem written especially for me by this "little girl of mine!" And I only remember her rage as a child because helps me look around at those who are angrily confronting God and see how beautiful they will become if they just turn their hearts to Jesus.
 
If Jesus were to do a reality show today I think it would be called "The Original Extreme Makeover!" It doesn't matter what you are or what you have been. And it doesn't matter how angry you are at God, because one touch of God's love in your heart and you will begin an eternal morph into the likeness of God!

No comments:

Post a Comment