Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Sign of the End!

When the good news about the kingdom has been preached all over the world and told to all nations, the end will come.

Matthew 24:14

There are many signs of the End. The list is long and it is pretty obvious that we are either now right at the end of time or there is a major shaking and re-alignment coming soon. Just look at the major disasters that are following one after another. One would think that the End could come any day now, and it certainly could.

There is one sign of the End that trumps all the others. That sign is the universal spread of the good news about the kingdom of God all over the world. Is that happening now? Yes of course it is. Is it complete? Only the Lord Himself will know when that moment arrives and He can say once again "It is finished!" My job as a follower of Jesus is not to judge how far we are along that path. My job is to play my role in spreading the good news of the kingdom of God to those who can hear my voice. I am but one drop in the Great Flood of the message of Jesus, but I am one drop, and without all the "one drops" there would be no flood.

So I look with excitement for the return of Jesus, but I look even more for my opportunity today to share the living water with a thirsty fellow human!

No comments:

Post a Comment