Sunday, June 19, 2011

Jesus is a Finisher!

 

Everything is finished! I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will freely give water from the life-giving fountain to everyone who is thirsty.

Revelation 21:6

I am a great starter and a lousy finisher! I can conceive of and begin a project with the greatest enthusiasm, but at some point my zeal for the project wanes and my attention turns to something else. If I were to give you a list of my "unfinished projects" I am sure it would be longer than I care to imagine. "Finish what you start" was the admonition that I should have taken more seriously when I was a child.

Even as I write these words, I am pondering that it is not too late for me to become a better finisher!

Jesus always finishes what He starts! You can trust that when the End comes there will be nothing left on His "To Do" list.

When Jesus returns He will have accomplished everything that He planned to accomplish in the world at large, but that will be true of your life as well! Jesus will not leave you as an unfinished project. That is why as you grow older and the Day of His return draws nearer the shaping and molding of you into His image is intensifying.

Remember, once the Potter has shaped the pot just as He planned, He puts it in the fire to make it solid and useful for His purpose!

If you find yourself in the fire of tribulation don't despair. The fire of Hell destroys forever, but the fire of tribulation makes you hardened for His purposes forever.

Jesus will finish the work He is doing on your life before He comes!

No comments:

Post a Comment