Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Faith Without Works!

Listen to this blog.

You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless? Was not our father Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did. And the scripture was fulfilled that says, "Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness," and he was called God's friend. You see that a person is considered righteous by what they do and not by faith alone.

James 2:20-24

If you want to know what a man or woman believes watch his or her actions instead of just listening to the spoken words. A hypocrite is a man who pretends to believe one thing, but his deeds tell another story.

During my growing up years our church focused on what doctrines to believe and things (sins) not to do! But little was said about how to act according to my faith in Jesus. Bible verses were "mottos to live by" instead of part of my Spiritual To Do List.

You see, that's where the Christian life becomes a testimony worthy of hearing. When your faith is confirmed by what you do it becomes powerful. The man who speaks loudly against abortion is proclaiming a good message. The man who also adopts the children who would have otherwise been aborted brings the discussion to the highest level!

Here is today's assignment, should you choose to accept it. What do you believe for which there is honestly no deed or action in your life that confirms it to yourself and to the world around you?

I can tell myself all day long that I have no fear of flying but until I get on an airplane and put my "money where my mouth is" even I will never know for sure.

“Lord, show me the things that I say I believe, but have done nothing to show You or the world around me that I really do believe! Help me like the apostle Peter, at Your call to Step Out of the Boat!”

No comments:

Post a Comment