Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Where is Jesus Going?

Listen to this blog.

Simon Peter asked, “Lord, where are you going?”
Jesus answered, “You can’t go with me now, but later on you will.”  Peter asked, “Lord, why can’t I go with you now? I would die for you!”  “Would you really die for me?” Jesus asked. “I tell you for certain that before a rooster crows, you will say three times that you don’t even know me.”

John 13:36-38

I have often asked the Lord, "Where do You want me to go?" I have only rarely asked the Lord, "Where are You going?" There is a huge difference.

When I ask God where He wants me to go I am setting the stage to possibly go to a place without Him! It is not wrong to ask Jesus that question and sometimes like the disciples He will send me off alone into a storm. But I have decided like Ruth with Naomi to declare to the Lord that I choose to go with Him! Where Jesus goes, I will go. His people will be my people and the only way I will know that I am in the right place is if Jesus is there with me!

Going with Jesus is not more comfortable and is certainly not safer. Going with Jesus will ultimately lead you to the Cross.

Instead of asking the Lord today,"Where do You want me to go and what do You want me to do?" ask "Where are You going and what are You doing today?" Then as you walk with Jesus through the day, He will let you put your hand to the plow.

When I was a little boy, my father would sometimes let me sit in his lap in the car and hold on to the steering wheel. It was before the days of seatbelts and yes I know it was totally unsafe, but it gave me such a feeling of power to be driving with my father. Jesus lets me sit in His lap and hold the steering wheel of life. When I don't turn far enough He nudges me on and when I turn too far Jesus pulls me back!

Oh yes, there is also room for you in the lap of Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment