Monday, November 21, 2011

Safe at His Side!

Listen to this blog.

God cares for you, so turn all your worries over to him.
Be on your guard and stay awake. Your enemy, the devil, is like a roaring lion, sneaking around to find someone to attack. But you must resist the devil and stay strong in your faith. You know that all over the world the Lord’s followers are suffering just as you are. But God shows undeserved kindness to everyone. That’s why he had Christ Jesus choose you to share in his eternal glory. You will suffer for a while, but God will make you complete, steady, strong, and firm. God will be in control forever! Amen.

1 Peter 5:7-11

How many times a day do you need to be encouraged to trust God? Is it just once? Perhaps twice a day will suffice? Truthfully, every time I take a breath is an appropriate time to place my trust in God once again. Yesterday's faith will not do. My struggle against sin and victories over the will of the flesh in the past mean nothing today. Unless I am trusting God right now, then I am not trusting Him at all. The faith of yesterday's testimony is wonderful, but yesterday's faith cannot help me meet today's temptations!

Never forget that the Devil knows who you are and crafts the temptations in your life to lure you away from your faith in Jesus. That is why it is so easy to criticize another follower of Jesus who yields to temptation. His temptation may not be attractive to me at all, but to him it is almost irresistible.

When I rejoice in the victory I had yesterday I become very weak in today's battle. God is the one who gave me the victory yesterday and will give me a victory today in the struggles, sufferings, and temptations of life.

I remember when I was a very small child getting lost from my mother in the grocery store. One minute I was safe with her next to me and then only a few seconds later I could not find her and I began to panic. Trouble begins in the life of a child when he is comfortable without his mother.

Trouble begins in the life of a follower of Jesus when he becomes comfortable without Jesus at his side.

So try this. When you breathe in thank Jesus for the breath He is giving you, and when you breathe out thank Him for the one that is soon to come. Open your mind and thoughts to Jesus and never again have private thoughts. Discuss every temptation with Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment